We've found the perfect recipe to start your day on the right foot, thanks to the all-stars at OGGS! Introducing the most delicious pancakes that come completely guilt-free. And we mean it! OGGS Aquafaba is an egg-alternative that makes your favourite morning indulgence completely vegan and produces 5 times less CO2 than eggs. Talk about a win.
As for OGGS, this plant-based brand is not to be missed. You can pick them up at Sainsbury’s (along with Phizz!) and be sure to check out their ready-made cakes for an extra treat.
Now, onto the pancakes!
PREP TIME 15 MINS
COOK TIME 15 MINS
SERVES 12 PANCAKES
- 380g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 130g caster sugar
- 250ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 7tbsp vegetable oil
- A squeeze of lemon
- 150ml dairy-free milk (We love almond or oat milk in this recipe, but all types of milk will work.)
- Margarine, for frying
- Favourite toppings… fresh fruit, maple syrup, melted chocolate…the options go on and on.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Next, whisk up your OGGS® Aquafaba in a clean bowl for 30 seconds until it’s pale and frothy and then add the oil, lemon juice and milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, little by little, until you’ve made a smooth thick batter.
- Rest the pancake batter in the fridge for 30 minutes…sorry!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of margarine. Once melted, add a small ladleful of batter into the frying pan and smooth into a rough round with the back of the ladle.
- Wait until the base of the mixture sets and the top begins to bubble, then flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up Serve with lashings of your favourite toppings!
Ready to try these for yourself? You’re in luck! We’ve got a discount for Phizz fans. Use code OGGS20 at www.loveoggs.com for 20% off aquafaba. While you’re there, be sure to check out all of their great plant-based recipe ideas!